Think life without internet! Please don’t as even this tough so sad but we are here to make you happy and hence bringing you the list of the best WiFi router in India that you can buy for your home and office.
India has seen a surge in demand and use of wifi and mobile data over the last few years. You need the best wifi router in India, if you want to experience the best of the internet. To solve this problem and give you an insight into the topic, we have compiled a list of the best wifi routers and how you can get the best of the internet from the comfort of your home or office space.
To sort this out and save you from the trouble of scouring through piles of data available online, we have put together all the information you need to know before buying wifi routers in India, once you’ve gone through this article.
We have presented a table that gives you a gist on which is the best power WiFi Router in India at a glance:
10 Best WiFi router in India in 2020
|#||Model||Price||Best Used For||Data Transfer Max Speed||Wireless Specification||Total Ports||IPv6 Compatible||Score|
|1||TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200||check price||Home and Office||1200 Mbps||802.11 ac||5||Yes||99%|
|2||Tenda N301||check price||Home and Office||300 Mbps||802.11 b/g/n||8||Yes||97%|
|3||TP-Link TL-WR841N||check price||Home and Office||300 Mbps||802.11 b/g/n||5||Yes||96%|
|4||D-Link DIR-615||check price||Home and Office||300 Mbps||802.11 n||4||Yes||95%|
|5||Netgear WNR614 N300||check price||Home and Office||300 Mbps||802.11 b/g/n||5||Yes||94%|
|6||Asus RT-AC58U AC1300||check price||Home and Office||867 Mbps||802.11 ac||4||Yes||93%|
|7||iBall iB-WRB333N 300M||check price||Home and Office||300 Mbps||802.11 b/g/n||3||Yes||92%|
|8||TP-Link Archer C20 AC750||check price||Home and Office||733 Mbps||802.11 ac/n||4||Yes||91%|
|9||Asus ROG Rapture Router||check price||Gaming Router||1900 Mbps||802.11a/b/g/n/ac||8||Yes||90%|
|10||NETGEAR Nighthawk AC2600||check price||Gaming Router||800 Mbps||802.11a/b/g/n/ac||7||Yes||89%|
Before we dive into a detailed review of the best WiFi routers available in India, we have also compiled data on what you should look for in a router before making the investment.
Types of WiFi Routers:
In today’s era, almost all the telecommunication or DTH companies provide internet either via broadband or mobile data. Internet Service Providers like Airtel, Jio, Tata Sky, and many more are in the frontline and providing high-speed internet. Depending on what kind of ISP you are opting for, the wifi routers can be classified into the following types.
- RJ11 Telephone Input: In layman terminology, a router that uses telephone lines to provide internet is called the RJ11 router. In other words a digital subscriber line (DSL) modem uses four conductors and uses phone connection to provide the internet. There are several companies who still provide RJ11 telephone input wifi router like BSNL, Reliance, and Tata Broadband. When you opt for these types of router make sure you do have a telephone connection.
- USB: The second type is the USB router, which is basically USB internet dongles and data cards. Most Internet Service Providers (ISP’s) like Reliance, Airtel, Tata Photon and many more provide internet via dongles and USB devices and are easily available in mobile shops or can be bought online at Amazon.
- RJ45 Ethernet Cable: RJ45 is the ethernet cable router that uses eight conductors and is not be confused with RJ11. These are the smaller routers that are used by service providers, including Airtel, Reliance, Tata and many more to provide the internet.
- SIM Cards: The most common form of mobile internet is SIM cards. All you need to do is set your phone on 3G or 4G network (soon you can also access 5G) in the routers or mobile device that supports these SIM cards and you can access the internet on the go. These kinds of routers are best where none of the above types can be used.
Different types of Router Technology:
We have already discussed the different types of routers and understood their usage. Now we will explain that not all routers work on the same technology. Each router is based on different technology and they work on different bandwidths that allows the user to access the internet in different parts of the room, office or do varied tasks. We have listed different types of router technologies.
- Single-Band Routers: When the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) designed the standards for WiFi networks, they inadvertently gave birth to single-band technology. It is the much older internet technology that works on 2.4GHz band and has one limited wireless signal strength. This technology can only transfer data at a speed as low as 11Mbps or maximum speed of 54Mbps on the frequency band that it works. These are the cheapest form of routers available in the market, but the only problem you face with them is their frequency contradicts with other devices like Bluetooth devices, Cordless Phone, etc., that works on the same frequency.
- Dual-Band Routers: These types of routers can work on both 2.4GHz & 5 GHz frequency bands and can provide speed up to 600mbps. They use the MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) technology that improves the performance. The IEEE 802.11n standard routers work perfectly fine with laptops, smartphones, and other devices, which makes it suitable for home purpose. If you are into streaming and gaming apps like YouTube, Netflix, Xbox Live, or PlayStation, amongst others then this the router that you need.
- Tri-Band Routers: Like the Dual-Band technology these routers can support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band frequency but both at the same time and provide wireless speed up to 3.2 Gbps. These routers work on the 802.11 AC standard and are the most expensive and powerful wireless networking device. These routers are best used for beamforming and MU-MIMO technology and are ideal for offices with heavy network traffic and multiple users.
What you should look for in the WiFi Routers?
There are a vast variety of routers available in the market, but it is advisable that if you are buying a wifi router for the first time you must answer a few questions beforehand. Like, what is the use of a router for you? What standard do you need? What safety measure is a must? If you have such queries than below are some things that you must keep in your mind when buying a Wifi router.
1) Router’s Standard: The first and foremost thing that you must look for in your router before making the purchase is whether it supports the IEEE 802.11ac standard or not. These standards ensure that your router’s frequency matches with the frequency provided by internet service provider and data transfer speeds is up to the standards. If you have a high speed internet service and a low standard router you will face data drops and loss as well as other wireless issues.
2) Single or Dual Band: The next thing is to determine whether your wireless router works on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz or both. If you are buying a single band router then it will work only on 2.4 GHz frequency. Dual or Tri-Band routers work on a new version of the frequency band, which is 5 GHz. The area where you live also determines whether you need to buy a single or dual or tri-band router. If you are living in a densely populated area, then you need a dual-band router as a single band router can easily be affected by the router frequency of your neighbors.
3) The Speed of the Router: The next feature that you must look at is the speed of the router. The maximum speed is generally mentioned on the back or packing of the device and the more the speed of the router, the more costly it will be. The speed is also determined by usage if you need a router for simple browsing then a 300Mbps router will work for you, but if you want to download movies and games that any router between the speeds of 600 or 4kMbps is what you need.
4) Router’s Antenna Range: Range is another factor that may affect the working of the device. But you cannot measure a wifi router’s range, but consider factors like architecture of the room, concrete walls, doors, building height, and environment that may affect the range of the antenna and your internet speed and connectivity.
5) Router Ports, Security, and Additional Features: Last but not the least, you must also consider things like number of router ports, security features, and others before making the purchase. Number of ports allows you to connect multiple devices while security features protect your internet connection from being misused.
Keeping all this in mind, we have compiled the list of the Top Ten wifi router in India. After hours of research, we have made sure that you have all the tiniest of the details about each wifi router that may help you make an informed decision.
#1) TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 Wireless Router – Best WiFi Router in India!
The first item on the list is by Chinese computer networking products manufacturer TP-Link. The company was established in 1996 and has been providing services to their customers for a long time. When the company ventured into an Indian technology market, they made sure that they have a solution for problems like high speed, wide-ranged router within the high security feature and all that within a budget.
This Dual-Band router can support both 2.4GHz at 300 Mbps speed and 5GHz at 867 Mbps connection speed and is equipped with five antennas, four external and one internal, which offers stable wireless connectivity. This makes it suitable for enhanced gaming experience, streaming online as well as downloading. This is by far the best WiFi router in India for your house and Office use.
This device works on MU-MIMO feature and allows multiple access points which means that it can communicate with more than one device at a time.
The router comes with preinstalled network firewalls and other wireless encryptions that protects the device from misuse and you easily whitelist or blacklist any device that tries to contact your router.
The speed of the router varies between 300Mbps and 867 Mbps on both the antennas, which provides clear connection.
Installing a TP-Link router is very easy as the device comes with a tether and setup guide.
The WiFi router comes with a 3 year warranty on the product
- This wifi router provides high-speed signals.
- The device is budget-friendly keeping in mind all the features.
- The device is very easy to install and set-up.
- This router can easily be wall-mounted.
- Over a range of 30 feet, the 5 GHz channel does not work
#2) Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router
Another product from Chinese computer product manufacturer to make in our list is Tenda routers. This company manufactures devices that are not only efficient, but also budget friendly. Their devices are known for providing high-speed internet and are suitable for small houses or areas.
The Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router can easily support 300 Mbps speed and has high coverage. In a small space this router is known for providing stable connection, apart from proper security and uninterrupted signal, you easily browse all the social media sites, email, and much more.
Apart from easy guide available with the device, you can also call the technical support staff for installation of the router.
The device comes with various security features that prevents misuse of the router as well as your data. The device is equipped with WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK and wireless access control on the MAC addresses.
If you have young children who are always on the internet then this feature will definitely attract you. The device allows you to block domains apply filters to Client address, Mac address, etc. Thus, protecting your data as well as harmful effects of unchecked internet access.
This wonderful product from Tenda comes with a 3-year warranty.
- This device is easy to set up with excellent support from the technical staff.
- The router is very small in size and can be easily adjustable.
- The router is suitable for moderate speed internet and small areas.
- The charger provided with the device is of good quality.
- This is the cheapest router available in the market that comes with parental control features.
- The router lacks various advanced internet settings.
- You cannot filter MAC address.
- The biggest drawback is that the router disconnects after sometime and you need to restart the device to establish connection.
#3) TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Wi-Fi Router
Again TP-Link has made it on our list and we assure you this is not the last you will see it. This router is surely what you need if the first two didn’t match your needs or expectation. This is a value for money devices that comes with a good amount of features.
On number three this router can provide up to a 300 Mbps data speed which is ideal for a small home. You can also enjoy uninterrupted streaming, downloading, browsing if you are within the range of the router. It is equipped with two antennas to ensure stability of the connection and has wireless security encryption with a WPS button.
This router can work easily at 300 Mbps undisturbed speed within a small area and lets you perform tasks like browsing, streaming, etc., with a hassle-free connection.
Apart from push WPS button and wireless encryption you can whitelist or blacklist users from misusing as well as using the device.
If you are a geek or not, you can still install the device with the help of easy configuration setting and guide provided with the device or else you contact the technical support staff.
This TP-Link device comes with a 3 years warranty.
- The device’s signal strength is good, which makes it ideal for a small home.
- You can also manage the router with an app.
- This device works on MIMO feature.
- The router often hangs and needs to be resetted.
#4) D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
The product is by Taiwanese multinational networking equipment manufacturing corporation D-link. The company has been known for making routers that are suitable for Indian households and ISP. The D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router has great speed and a repeater mode that lets you extend the coverage area of the device. This dual-band device comes with four 10/100 LAN ports and a host of security features.
The set-up process of this device is very easy. You can easily launch the D-Link Quick Router Setup Wizard that guides you to configure your device and connect to the network.
It operates on a 2.4GHz frequency band and works perfectly fine on a 300 Mbps connection .
The router uses WPA and WPA2 standard that prevents unauthorized access and supports firewalls like SPI and NAT against external attacks.
The device is free from harmful substances and comes in recyclable packaging. The device also conserves energy without affecting the internal features of the device.
This product comes with a 3-year warranty.
- The device uses a high speed connection.
- The router is very easy to set up.
- You can easily use this device throughout the day without the worry of it heating.
- There is no cable with the device.
- Any interference from the routers can cause the device to disconnect.
#5) Netgear WNR614 N300 Wi-Fi Router
The next item on the list is by American networking product manufacturer Netgear, which is a well-known brand in the sector. This device from Netgear is a pocket-friendly purchase that comes with two external antennas and ideal for moderate range in a medium house set up. The device works on RJ-45 connector.
The setup process of the router is very simple, all you need to do is plug-in and push the WPS button and connect it to your devices.
This device works on internet devices that can operate on at a speed of 300 Mbps.
Apart from SPI, Guest Network Access, QoS, the device comes with preloaded malware and antivirus software and works perfectly fine on WPA and WPA2 wireless encryption.
The router comes with a 2 years product warranty.
- The router provides high-speed networks without any interruptions.
- The router comes with an easy network sharing feature.
- The customer support and service provided by the company are good.
- You can easily mount the device on the wall.
- You can expand the wireless coverage with the help of two separate antennas.
- The device lacks ADSL feature.
- The connectivity range of the device is not up to the mark.
#6) Asus RT-AC58U AC1300 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router
Taiwanese computer and phone hardware and electronics company Asus has been in the business for more than a decade now. The company that has been producing quality smartphones and computing devices are now also producing fast speed networking devices.
This sixth item on the list is Asus RT-AC58U AC1300 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless router, which is 10 times faster than any USB 3.devices. This device is an expensive entry among the home and office router devices but it comes with a host of features like parental control, video streaming, MU-MIMO technology, and much more.
Apart from 128mb memory and four external antennas and airadar that provides better connectivity in a larger area.
This router comes with Asus Router App, which helps you keep track of your router’s network traffic, diagnose connectivity issues, parental control and update the router’s firmware.
This router comes with a quad-core A7 processor that helps in improving connectivity speed on WAN and LAN set up.
The router supports 802.11ac standard, which makes it suitable for latest games, play 4k ultra videos and connect devices like Xbox One, PlayStation 4, printer, and much more.
This router comes with a 3-year warranty.
- This router supports MU-MIMO features.
- The router works on both 5GHz + 2.4GHz Dual-band frequencies.
- The router is an environmentally friendly device and consumes low power.
- The data transfer speed is highly consistent.
- The router supports both VPN client and server.
- The device comes with only one USB port.
- The device is very slow to reboot.
#7) iBall iB-WRB333N 300M MIMO Wireless-N High-Speed Broadband Router
The first item from Indian consumer electronic company to appear on the list is iBall’s iB-WRB333N 300M MIMO Wireless-N High-Speed Broadband Router. This device comes with lots of features in a price range suitable for every pocket. You can enjoy uninterrupted high-speed data connectivity in a very low range.
This router is ranked number seven because it has a limited warranty period but this device is a value for money as it supports MIMO technology, two omnidirectional antenna, and comes with firewall security.
You can easily control this device using the scheduling feature and change the access point into wireless connection as per the need.
Due to universal repeater features in the device you can boost the wireless signals and increase the coverage area.
The router complies with IEEE802.11n standards and works on t gives a 300 Mbps speed.
The device comes with a 1-year product warranty.
- It is very easy to set up the device.
- The device comes with a repeater mode to boost the wireless signals and increase the coverage area.
- The security features of the device ensures secure connection.
- The customer support provided by the company is very good.
- The WAN light of the router does not work properly.
- The product quality is not durable.
#8) TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router
The last product to appear on our list from TP-Link is Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router, which works with both cable broadbands and wireless internet service. The device is equipped with proper security features which makes it best in the class.
The only drawback of the device is that it lacks modem facility and its frequent reset feature. The router is equipped with 4 external antennas and works on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands..
The device supports dual frequency bands i.e. 2.4GHz and 5GHz 433mbps connections.
The input mode of the router is RJ-45 ethernet cable, which is popular among most of the Internet service providers.
The router works on 64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK wireless security encryption feature.
This wireless device complies with the IEEE 802.11ac/n/a and IEEE 802.11b/g/n standard.
You get a 3 years manufacturing warranty on this device.
- The Quality of Service (QoS) of the router is very good and easy.
- This is a value for product in this price range.
- The device comes with a Parental control feature.
- This router supports IPv6 Internet protocol support.
- The device resets frequently.
- Prolonged use of the device can heats up the mechanism.
- The build quality of the router is very poor.
- The router does not support more than 100 Mbps speed ISP.
#9) Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300
The next item on our list is not your regular WiFi router. The Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 is one the most gamer-friendly router, that comes with a host of features like copious I/O ports, management console that is an ideal choice if you want to enjoy lag-free gaming experience.
This is one of the biggest routers with eight removable and adjustable antennas, eight gigabit LAN ports, two USB 3.0 ports, a WAN port, and power and reset buttons.
Setting up the device is a bit complicated process but this device comes with Repeater mode, AP mode, Media Bridge mode, and AiMesh mode, which lets you create a mesh network.
When you log into the router you can see real-time transmissions of data via Network Traffic graph.
This router comes with various profiles like Gaming, media streaming, instant messaging, among many more. These profiles lets you optimize packet distribution and help improve internet performance.
This feature allows you to keep track of gaming servers worldwide, which games they are playing, country location as well as ping status.
This product comes with a three year manufacturing warranty.
- The performance of the router is beyond comparison with other gaming routers.
- The device comes with various gamer-friendly features.
- The router is equipped with eight LAN ports.
- This router is compatible with Alexa voice commands.
- This router comes with a smart Tri-band connect feature.
- Apart from being expensive, the installation process of this router is too complicated.
- The file-transfer speeds and all over coverage of this router is not up to the expectation.
#10) Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
The last item on our list is another gaming router from Netgear. This tri-band Wi-Fi router comes with multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO), complies with IEEE 802.11ad standard and works on 5GHz frequency band. This device works at 60GHz speeds that is equipped with a 64-bit Dual-core processor.
The Netgear Nighthawk works on 5GHz frequency band and 60GHz speeds. It comes with four adjustable antennas with blue LEDS that activates when the device is on.
This gaming router is equipped with two USB 3.0 ports, six Gigabit LAN ports, a WAN port, an SPF+ LAN port, and power buttons.
The router can be set at various user settings including Wireless, and Guest Network, which lets you control the usage of the internet.
The router comes with advanced security settings that lets you block specific websites and create access schedules.
This router comes with various profiles like gaming, media streaming, and much more. These profiles lets you optimize packet distribution and help improve internet performance.
The product comes with a three year product warranty.
- The router offers a 60GHz data transfer speed.
- It works excellently at 5GHz frequency band.
- Comes with Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) technology.
- It complies with the IEEE 802.11ad standard and 160MHz networking technologies.
- It is a perfect router for gamers.
- Apart from being highly expensive as most of the features are available in a cheaper router from another brand.
- The MU-MIMO throughput is not up to the mark.
- There is a constant drop in WiFi signals.
- The Quality of Service (QoS) settings of the router is poor.
In today’s era, internet access is a necessity and all of us want to be in touch with our family and friends throughout the day. The best routers in India provide us with unlimited and uninterrupted access to the internet, so that we can work comfortably without the fear of being disconnected from the virtual world.
The Internet industry has grown by leaps and bound in the last ten years. And the technology and connectivity sector has seen so much growth and innovation over the year. When ARPANET invented the internet and computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee devised the world wide web little did they know that this wondrous invention would be connecting hundreds of people around the globe. Credit of inventing WiFi goes to Dr O’Sullivan and his colleagues but we want to take the credit of you buying the perfect Wifi router for your house and office!
Our extended research will help you make an informed decision about which router better suits your needs and what type router is suitable for your home or work place. We hope that our efforts to bring you a detailed buying guide on the best wifi router in India will help you make the right decision.
Do let us know if you have any questions that we can answer! Thanks 🙂