Think life without internet! Please don’t as even this tough so sad but we are here to make you happy and hence bringing you the list of the best WiFi router in India that you can buy for your home and office.
India has seen a surge in demand and use of wifi and mobile data over the last few years. You need the best wifi router in India, if you want to experience the best of the internet. To solve this problem and give you an insight into the topic, we have compiled a list of the best wifi routers and how you can get the best of the internet from the comfort of your home or office space.
To sort this out and save you from the trouble of scouring through piles of data available online, we have put together all the information you need to know before buying wifi routers in India, once you’ve gone through this article.
We have presented a table that gives you a gist on which is the best power WiFi Router in India at a glance:
10 Best WiFi router in India in 2021
|#||Model||Price||Best Used For||Data Transfer Max Speed||Wireless Specification||Total Ports||IPv6 Compatible||Score|
|1||Tenda AC10 AC1200 WiFi Router||check price||Home and Office||
|2||Tenda N301 Wireless-N300||check price||Home and Office||300 Mbps||802.11 b/g/n||3||Yes||97%|
|3||check price||Home and Office||1200 Mbps||802.11 b/g/n||3||Yes||96%|
|4||Mi Smart Router 4C||check price||Home and Office||300 Mbps||802.11 n||2||Yes||95%|
|5||TP-Link Archer C6||check price||Home and Office||1200 Mbps||802.11 b/g/n||4||Yes||94%|
|6||Asus RT-AC59U||check price||Gaming Router||867 Mbps||802.11 ac||4||Yes||93%|
|7||Netgear Nighthawk||check price||Gaming Router||1685 Mbps||802.11 b/g/n||4||Yes||92%|
|8||TP-Link TL-WR841N||check price||Home and Office||300 Mbps||802.11 ac/n||5||Yes||91%|
|9||Asus ROG Rapture||check price||Gaming Router||1900 Mbps||802.11a/b/g/n/ac||5||Yes||90%|
|10||D-Link DIR-615||check price||Home and Office||300 Mbps||802.11a/b/g/n/ac||4||Yes||89%|
Before we dive into a detailed review of the best WiFi routers available in India, we have also compiled data on what you should look for in a router before making the investment.
Types of WiFi Routers:
In today’s era, almost all the telecommunication or DTH companies provide internet either via broadband or mobile data. Internet Service Providers like Airtel, Jio, Tata Sky, and many more are in the frontline and providing high-speed internet. Depending on what kind of ISP you are opting for, the wifi routers can be classified into the following types.
- RJ11 Telephone Input: In layman terminology, a router that uses telephone lines to provide internet is called the RJ11 router. In other words a digital subscriber line (DSL) modem uses four conductors and uses phone connection to provide the internet. There are several companies who still provide RJ11 telephone input wifi router like BSNL, Reliance, and Tata Broadband. When you opt for these types of router make sure you do have a telephone connection.
- USB: The second type is the USB router, which is basically USB internet dongles and data cards. Most Internet Service Providers (ISP’s) like Reliance, Airtel, Tata Photon and many more provide internet via dongles and USB devices and are easily available in mobile shops or can be bought online at Amazon.
- RJ45 Ethernet Cable: RJ45 is the ethernet cable router that uses eight conductors and is not be confused with RJ11. These are the smaller routers that are used by service providers, including Airtel, Reliance, Tata and many more to provide the internet.
- SIM Cards: The most common form of mobile internet is SIM cards. All you need to do is set your phone on 3G or 4G network (soon you can also access 5G) in the routers or mobile device that supports these SIM cards and you can access the internet on the go. These kinds of routers are best where none of the above types can be used.
Different types of Router Technology:
We have already discussed the different types of routers and understood their usage. Now we will explain that not all routers work on the same technology. Each router is based on different technology and they work on different bandwidths that allows the user to access the internet in different parts of the room, office or do varied tasks. We have listed different types of router technologies.
- Single-Band Routers: When the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) designed the standards for WiFi networks, they inadvertently gave birth to single-band technology. It is the much older internet technology that works on 2.4GHz band and has one limited wireless signal strength. This technology can only transfer data at a speed as low as 11Mbps or maximum speed of 54Mbps on the frequency band that it works. These are the cheapest form of routers available in the market, but the only problem you face with them is their frequency contradicts with other devices like Bluetooth devices, Cordless Phone, etc., that works on the same frequency.
- Dual-Band Routers: These types of routers can work on both 2.4GHz & 5 GHz frequency bands and can provide speed up to 600mbps. They use the MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) technology that improves the performance. The IEEE 802.11n standard routers work perfectly fine with laptops, smartphones, and other devices, which makes it suitable for home purpose. If you are into streaming and gaming apps like YouTube, Netflix, Xbox Live, or PlayStation, amongst others then this the router that you need.
- Tri-Band Routers: Like the Dual-Band technology these routers can support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band frequency but both at the same time and provide wireless speed up to 3.2 Gbps. These routers work on the 802.11 AC standard and are the most expensive and powerful wireless networking device. These routers are best used for beamforming and MU-MIMO technology and are ideal for offices with heavy network traffic and multiple users.
What you should look for in the WiFi Routers?
There are a vast variety of routers available in the market, but it is advisable that if you are buying a wifi router for the first time you must answer a few questions beforehand. Like, what is the use of a router for you? What standard do you need? What safety measure is a must? If you have such queries than below are some things that you must keep in your mind when buying a Wifi router.
1) Router’s Standard: The first and foremost thing that you must look for in your router before making the purchase is whether it supports the IEEE 802.11ac standard or not. These standards ensure that your router’s frequency matches with the frequency provided by internet service provider and data transfer speeds is up to the standards. If you have a high speed internet service and a low standard router you will face data drops and loss as well as other wireless issues.
2) Single or Dual Band: The next thing is to determine whether your wireless router works on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz or both. If you are buying a single band router then it will work only on 2.4 GHz frequency. Dual or Tri-Band routers work on a new version of the frequency band, which is 5 GHz. The area where you live also determines whether you need to buy a single or dual or tri-band router. If you are living in a densely populated area, then you need a dual-band router as a single band router can easily be affected by the router frequency of your neighbors.
3) The Speed of the Router: The next feature that you must look at is the speed of the router. The maximum speed is generally mentioned on the back or packing of the device and the more the speed of the router, the more costly it will be. The speed is also determined by usage if you need a router for simple browsing then a 300Mbps router will work for you, but if you want to download movies and games that any router between the speeds of 600 or 4kMbps is what you need.
4) Router’s Antenna Range: Range is another factor that may affect the working of the device. But you cannot measure a wifi router’s range, but consider factors like architecture of the room, concrete walls, doors, building height, and environment that may affect the range of the antenna and your internet speed and connectivity.
5) Router Ports, Security, and Additional Features: Last but not the least, you must also consider things like number of router ports, security features, and others before making the purchase. Number of ports allows you to connect multiple devices while security features protect your internet connection from being misused.
Keeping all this in mind, we have compiled the list of the Top Ten wifi router in India. After hours of research, we have made sure that you have all the tiniest of the details about each wifi router that may help you make an informed decision.
#1) Tenda AC10 AC1200 WiFi Router – Best WiFi Router in India!
This Chinese company is one of the best router manufacturers. The best thing about this company is it makes affordable routers that are highly efficient. Their routers are suitable for use at home, and office. The devices provide excellent uploading and downloading speed.
The new Tenda AC10 AC1200 Wireless Smart Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router is designed with full Gigabit WAN and LAN ports. It can provide up to 300 Mbps speed. The router is suitable to stream videos, access graphics-heavy websites, browse social media sites, send or receive emails, and many more.
- Installation: The simple design makes it easier to install it by anyone even if the person does not have any technical knowledge. The company also provides a dedicated helpline that provides technical assistance.
- Strong Dual Band WiFi signal: The router comes with wireless signal enhancing technology on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz that increases the WiFi coverage that ensures you get signal even if you are behind multiple walls.
- Stable WiFi Coverage and Connect up to 30+ devices: The powerful processor makes it possible to connect up to 30 devices. The stable internet connection ensures you don’t need to look beyond this amazing device if you have a small office.
- Security: Another great thing about this device is the security feature. It comes with excellent security features that ensure no one else can access your device. It has WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK security that makes it almost impossible to access the router by an unauthorized person.
- Setting up this device is easy. You can do it yourself, else you can talk to the brand’s customer support.
- Support high-speed internet up to 300 GB
- Strong dual-band Wi-Fi signal for multi-wall penetration
- High-performance router with Gigabit WAN and LAN ports
- It comes at a very affordable price
- Provides excellent security
- Made to use for basic purposes, does not provide advanced Internet settings
- Poor after-sale services
#2) Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router
D-Link is a Taiwanese company known for its top-quality electronic and networking devices. It is a household name in India when it comes to Wi-Fi routers. The new D-Link DIR-819 Wireless router is known for its speed and uninterrupted services. Comes with high-capacity antennas, it also covers a wide area, so you can access the Internet from anywhere in your house. no matter how big your house is.
- Easy Installation: Installing and setting up this wireless router is easy. You can do it just by following the D-Link Quick Router Setup Wizard even if you don’t have much technical know-how. The instructions guide you to configure the device and you can connect to the network.
- Security: This router comes with WPA and WPA2 standard which ensures no one can get unauthorized access. It also supports firewalls to ensure security.
- Next-Generation Wireless Technology: The wireless AC750 ensures optimized performance and extended coverage. It ensures the signal does not drop anytime.
- Dual-Band Performance: This router supports speeds up to 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) and 433 Mbps (5GHz) to deliver fast wireless speeds.
- Eco-friendly: The device comes with recyclable packaging. It is also free from harmful chemical substances.
- Covers maximum range in the home. You can access the Wi-Fi from anywhere in your home.
- Supports up to 733 Mbps data speed
- Highly secure with WAP and WPA2
- Easy to set up
- Much cheaper as compared to similar devices
- Some customer complains of a faulty device
- Connection drops at times
#3) iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN 1200M Smart Dual Band Wireless AC Router
iBall is a renowned company that manufactures electronic and networking devices. This wireless router is a perfect solution for homes and offices. It ensures uninterrupted high-speed connectivity that enables you to stream HD quality videos, play games, and do everything on the internet.
This smart device comes with an application, “i-Connect” that helps you manage and monitor your router from a remote place with just a tap of your finger. The beamforming and dual-band technology ensures excellent wireless coverages to a wide range.
- Smart iConnect app: This device comes with a smart mobile application that enables you to manage the device from anywhere. Now you don’t have to worry if you forget to turn off your device.
- High-Speed Technology: This iBall router is capable of providing you a speed of up to 1200 Mbps. It ensures you can watch high-quality HD videos or play online games.
- Beamforming Technology: This technology focuses the wireless signals towards a specific device, and does not spread equally in all directions. It helps the users to get better signal strength than a device without this technology.
- MU-MIMO Technology: The MO MIMO technology provides a more stable connection and optimized speed. It helps you concentrate on your work without thinking about the signal drop.
- Excellent speed up to 1200 Mbps helps you do everything on the Internet
- Comes with parental control feature to ensure children can’t misuse
- The smart app to manage the device remotely
- Stream signal towards a particular direction
- Supports dual-band connection
- Connection drops at times
- Poor customer service
#4) Mi Smart Router 4C with high-Performance Antenna & App Control
The new Mi Smart Router ensures uniform distribution of signal around every corner of the house of office. You can enjoy smooth streaming of videos and web browsing. The router comes with a smart mobile application that allows you to control the device from anywhere.
It covers a wide area of up to 400 square feet so you don’t need to be near the device to access the internet. The router comes parental control feature you can lock it for child access or set up a timer or block unwanted websites for your children.
- 300 Mbps Speed, Ideal for web browsing video streaming: The router comes with 300 Mbps speed that ensures you can watch high-definition videos or do other data-heavy work on the internet. It is not only suitable for use at home but at the offices as well.
- Large coverage area: With a 400 sq. feet large coverage area, this router is capable of providing Internet access to every corner of the house.
- Connect multiple devices: This router is capable of providing a connection to up to four devices, and everyone gets the same speed. It is best suited for a small family.
- Attractive price: Comes at a very attractive price, this router is one of the most affordable devices in this category. The Jaw-dropping price makes it a perfect choice.
- Excellent network speed with Wi-Fi optimization
- Control your device from anywhere on earth with a smart mobile application
- 4 High-performance antennas for better coverage
- Excellent Internet speed with Wi-Fi optimization
- Parental control
- 400 sq. feet coverage area
- Signal drops at times
- After-sales service is not good
#5) TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit Wireless Router
TP link is a Chinese brand known to manufacture premium quality routers in homes and offices. Their devices are reliable and provide excellent performance. The Archer C6 comes with dual bands; the 2.4 GHz band delivers speeds up to 300 Mbps while the 5 GHz is capable to deliver speeds up to 867 Mbps.
The router works perfectly with the largest internet service providers in India like Airtel, Den Network, Hathway, and others. Come with one gigabit WAN port and four gigabit LAN port, it delivers ten times faster speed than the standard ethernet connections.
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi speed: The dual-band speed makes it possible to use the router for multiple purposes according to the speed you need. The device is capable to deliver speed up to 1200 Mbps.
- Covers Wide range: The Archer C6 comes with one internal antenna and four external antennas that provide stable wireless connections and wide coverage, so you can access the network from the remote part of your home or office.
- Gigabit Ports: The device comes with one Gigabit WAN port and four Gigabit LAN ports, that deliver ten times faster speed as compared to the ethernet connection. You can experience blazing fast internet speed with this device.
- Easy Installation: The router comes with a user-friendly wizard that makes it possible to install it easily. You can just follow the instructions to install it yourself.
- High speed up to 1200 Mbps
- Supports Access Point mode for a new Wi-Fi access point
- A quick and easy installation wizard
- It can eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones by connecting multiple devices
- Comes with a Qualcomm chipset that is capable to deliver high performance
- Excellent customer support
- Speed drops at times
- Little expensive as compared to similar devices
#6) Asus RT-AC59U Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router
Asus is a renowned Taiwanese brand that manufactures world-class electronic devices and routers. The company has a large market in India and people love this brand. The new Asus RT-AC59U Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router is an excellent device for home and office use. It supports a dual-band network, 2.4GHz for 600 Mbps and 5GHz for 867 Mbps speed.
The router comes with a smart mobile app that allows you to control the device from anywhere. You can turn off, or on and manage other functions at a fingertip. The high-speed connectivity is suitable for game lovers who need faster Internet always.
- 5th Generation Chipset: The 5Th Generation Wi-Fi Chipset allows super-fast wireless speeds. The device is capable to deliver 867 Mbps at 5 GHz that makes it a preferred choice for gamers.
- Extensive Connectivity Options: This Asus device is equipped with four Gigabit LAN ports that allow you to connect heavy-duty devices like Smart TVs, media players, game consoles, cable boxes, and many more. You can run all the devices simultaneously without speed drop.
- Asus Router app: The Asus router app allows you to manage the device from a remote location. Now you don’t need to worry if you forget to shut down your device when you are going on a vacation.
- VPN server enabled: The device supports a VPN connection. You can easily set up a VPN server at home or office to browse the Internet without revealing your data no matter wherever you are.
- Supports parental control
- Perfect for On-Line Gaming and HD Streaming
- Seamless Internet connectivity
- ASUS Router app to control the device from any location
- Excellent build quality
- Does not support third-party firmware
- After-sale service not impressive
#7) Netgear Nighthawk Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
Neatgear is a USA-based company known for manufacturing premium category Wi-Fi router. The brand’s products are in demand across the globe, and so in India. The MU-MIMO Dual-Band router is known for providing blazing fast Internet. It offers speed up to 1685 Mbps which is perfect for streaming 4K videos or high-graphic games.
The high-performance antennas offer optimum Wi-Fi coverage which makes it suitable to access the Internet from a considerable distance. The router comes with a circle smart parental control that limits daily Internet usage.
- Compatible with Amazon Echo/Alexa: This router is compatible with Amazon Echo and Alexa that allows you to control your home network using voice commands. Now you can manage your network without moving from your place.
- Blazing Fast Internet: This device is capable to provide speed up to 1685 mbps. It allows you to stream ultra-high definition videos and play online games without any lagging.
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 for faster streaming: The device comes with a USB 3.0 and 2.0 for that helps you backup and access to your stored data easily.
- Easy to Install: The installation wizard is easy to use and you don’t need to be a tech geek to complete it.
- Prioritizes network traffic: The device is capable of prioritizing network traffic with dynamic QoS.
- Supports blazing fast speed of 1685 mbps
- Comes with parental control to ensure you can limit internet access by your children
- High-performance antennas for uniform speed
- Lag free video streaming
- Powerful 1GHz dual core processor for optimum performance
- Compatible with all Indian internet service provider
- Little expensive as compared to the similar products
- Poor customer service
#8) TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Wi-Fi Router
Again TP-Link has made it on our list and we assure you this is not the last you will see it. This router is surely what you need if the first two didn’t match your needs or expectation. This is a value for money devices that comes with a good amount of features.
On number three this router can provide up to a 300 Mbps data speed which is ideal for a small home. You can also enjoy uninterrupted streaming, downloading, browsing if you are within the range of the router. It is equipped with two antennas to ensure stability of the connection and has wireless security encryption with a WPS button.
- Signal Strength: This router can work easily at 300 Mbps undisturbed speed within a small area and lets you perform tasks like browsing, streaming, etc., with a hassle-free connection
- Encryption Mechanism: Apart from push WPS button and wireless encryption you can whitelist or blacklist users from misusing as well as using the device.
- Easy set-up: If you are a geek or not, you can still install the device with the help of easy configuration setting and guide provided with the device or else you contact the technical support staff.
- Warranty: This TP-Link device comes with a 3 years warranty.
- The device’s signal strength is good, which makes it ideal for a small home.
- You can also manage the router with an app.
- This device works on MIMO feature.
- The router often hangs and needs to be resetted.
#9) Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300
The next item on our list is not your regular WiFi router. The Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 is one the most gamer-friendly router, that comes with a host of features like copious I/O ports, management console that is an ideal choice if you want to enjoy lag-free gaming experience.
This is one of the biggest routers with eight removable and adjustable antennas, eight gigabit LAN ports, two USB 3.0 ports, a WAN port, and power and reset buttons.
- Router Setup: Setting up the device is a bit complicated process but this device comes with Repeater mode, AP mode, Media Bridge mode, and AiMesh mode, which lets you create a mesh network.
- Router Dashboard: When you log into the router you can see real-time transmissions of data via Network Traffic graph.
- Profiles: This router comes with various profiles like Gaming, media streaming, instant messaging, among many more. These profiles lets you optimize packet distribution and help improve internet performance.
- Game Radar: This feature allows you to keep track of gaming servers worldwide, which games they are playing, country location as well as ping status.
- Warranty: This product comes with a three year manufacturing warranty.
- The performance of the router is beyond comparison with other gaming routers.
- The device comes with various gamer-friendly features.
- The router is equipped with eight LAN ports.
- This router is compatible with Alexa voice commands.
- This router comes with a smart Tri-band connect feature.
- Apart from being expensive, the installation process of this router is too complicated.
- The file-transfer speeds and all over coverage of this router is not up to the expectation.
#10) D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
The product is by Taiwanese multinational networking equipment manufacturing corporation D-link. The company has been known for making routers that are suitable for Indian households and ISP. The D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router has great speed and a repeater mode that lets you extend the coverage area of the device. This dual-band device comes with four 10/100 LAN ports and a host of security features.
- Set-up: The set-up process of this device is very easy. You can easily launch the D-Link Quick Router Setup Wizard that guides you to configure your device and connect to the network.
- Strength: It operates on a 2.4GHz frequency band and works perfectly fine on a 300 Mbps connection
- Security: The router uses WPA and WPA2 standard that prevents unauthorized access and supports firewalls like SPI and NAT against external attacks.
- Eco-friendly: The device is free from harmful substances and comes in recyclable packaging. The device also conserves energy without affecting the internal features of the device.
- Warranty: This product comes with a 3-year warranty.
- The device uses a high speed connection.
- The router is very easy to set up.
- You can easily use this device throughout the day without the worry of it heating.
- There is no cable with the device.
- Any interference from the routers can cause the device to disconnect.
In today’s era, internet access is a necessity and all of us want to be in touch with our family and friends throughout the day. The best routers in India provide us with unlimited and uninterrupted access to the internet, so that we can work comfortably without the fear of being disconnected from the virtual world.
The Internet industry has grown by leaps and bound in the last ten years. And the technology and connectivity sector has seen so much growth and innovation over the year. When ARPANET invented the internet and computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee devised the world wide web little did they know that this wondrous invention would be connecting hundreds of people around the globe. Credit of inventing WiFi goes to Dr O’Sullivan and his colleagues but we want to take the credit of you buying the perfect Wifi router for your house and office!
Our extended research will help you make an informed decision about which router better suits your needs and what type router is suitable for your home or work place. We hope that our efforts to bring you a detailed buying guide on the best wifi router in India will help you make the right decision.
Do let us know if you have any questions that we can answer! Thanks 🙂