Finding the best inverter to power your home or office during power crisis is not ease as the market is flooded with a lot of options. And no matter which locality you lived in, you had to endure power cuts, no matter what. As we set foot in a new era, it is important that we know which is the best inverters in India that you can buy for your home or office.Earlier owning an inverter was a sign of wealth and means.
Before inverters became popular, people used to use petroleum burners and candles to light up their homes in case of power cuts. Later, came the era of emergency lights and generators. With petrol and diesel becoming costly, people needed something that might not put a hole in their pockets and thus, inverters became a necessity.
If you are looking to buy the best inverter in India, then you have come to the right place. Let’s accept the fact that no matter how much we know about inverters there are still a lot of things that are beyond our understanding. So, in order to make things easier, we did extended research and compiled a list of the best inverters available in India.
In this article, we have listed all the important factors that you need to consider before investing your money in an inverter. But you must answer a few questions before making the purchase. Do you face issues like irregular power supply and frequent power cuts? How long do these power cuts last? And much more.
So before we jump into the detailed guide of the best inverters available in India. We have presented a table that gives you a gist on which is the best brand at a glance:
10 Best Inverters in India 2020:
|#||Model||Price||Best Used For||Inverter Type||Inverter Capacity||Battery Type||Score|
|1||V-Guard Prime||check price||Home & Office||Sine Wave Inverter||1000VA/ 800W||80-230 AH Any Battery||99%|
|2||Exide 850VA Pure Sine Wave||check price||Home & Office||Sine Wave Inverter||580 Watts||12V single lead-acid battery||96%|
|3||Luminous Zelio+ 1100 Home||check price||Home & Office||Sine Wave Inverter||900 VA||Tubular Batteries||95%|
|4||Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va||check price||Home & Office||Sine Wave Inverter||950 VA||Tubular Batteries||94.5%|
|5||Microtek Ups 24A-7 Hb||check price||Home & Office||Sine Wave Inverter||950 VA||Tubular Batteries||94%|
|6||APC Home UPS 850VA||check price||Home & Office||Sine Wave Inverter||180 Volts||Tubular Batteries||93.5%|
|7||Luminous Zelio+ 1700 Sine||check price||Home & Office||Sine Wave Inverter||1500 VA||Tubular Batteries||92%|
|8||Flin Energy Flinslim Lite||check price||Home & Office||Sine Wave Inverter||1500 Watt||Tubular Batteries||91%|
|9||Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va||check price||Home & Office||Sine Wave Inverter||1000 VA||Tubular Batteries||90%|
|10||Luminous Cruze 2KVA-24V||check price||Home & Office||Sine Wave Inverter||1600 Watt||Tubular Batteries||88%|
Types of Inverters:
1) Sine wave Inverter: These types of inverters are better suited for heavier appliances and are costlier as compared to other inverters. A sine wave inverter converts energy using a rotating AC machinery. These inverters basically work on the concept of a power grid, thus are suitable for electrical appliances that are designed on the same concept.
2) Modified sine wave Inverter: These inverters generate waveforms that are as square and are compatible with most of the electric appliances. These are the cheap kind of inverter as they reduce the efficiency of the appliances. They also make buzzing, humming sounds or may even dim the lights.
3) Square wave Inverter: This is the cheapest form of inverter among all the types. As the name suggests these inverters generate a waveform that is square and are least efficient. These types of inverters are best suited for simple tools.
4) Stand-alone inverters: Also known as a remote area power supply (RAPS), these are useful when there is no electricity distribution system. These inverters are best when the electricity generated using solar panels, wind turbines, and other modes.
5) Grid-tie inverters: These types of inverter convert the DC voltage into AC voltage and injects it directly into the power grid, as the name suggests.
How To Select the Best Inverter?
Does the answer depend on various factors like how much power back is required? What types of battery do you need and the capacity of the inverter? And what kind of inverter will better suit your needs? And etc., all these questions can haunt if you do not have a slight idea. So below we have mentioned some points that may guide you and influence your buying decision.
The next question that you must keep in mind before buying is whether the inverter you are choosing has safety features like overload indicator, short-circuit alarm, overvoltage protection, auto reset, amongst others features.
The thing that you must answer is the size of the inverter. The inverter you are choosing will be able to supply the appliances you wish you run interruption. Also, you must select an inverter that comes with an excellent energy efficiency rating.
The first thing that you must consider before buying an inverter battery, is calculate how many gadgets and appliances, do you want to run on it before a power cut. To calculate your requirements, you must keep in mind how much your appliances like tube lights, computers, television, etc., will use and then calculate accordingly.
The next question that plays an important part in your buying decision is the warranty of the product. The warranty periods vary among different brands and manufacturers but is it important to see that warranty period covers all types of damages to the inverter in that period.
Lastly, it is imperative that you understand the difference between the capacities of battery and inverter. The inverter’s capacity is measured in VA (Volt-Amp), which means how much energy it will supply and for how long the power will last. While, the battery’s capacity is measured in Watt-hour, which means total electricity stored.
Types of inverter batteries
The next question you must keep in mind is which type of battery is good for your inverter but before that you need to know different types of inverter batteries. Read more about the best inverter battery.
The first one is a rechargeable battery that works on two electrodes, lead and lead oxide and uses sulfuric acid electrolyte. This battery was in 1859. The chemical in the battery reacts when it comes in contact with this electrolyte and generates a DC voltage. The lifespan of these batteries is not longer than three years and they need high maintenance.
There is not much difference between tubular batteries and lead-acid batteries except in tubular batteries, the plate is replaced with a well-coated cloth that delays the decaying process and increases the life cycle of the battery. These require less maintenance as compared to lead-acid batteries but are also costlier than them.
As the name suggests, these batteries are an innovation in the battery industry. These batteries do not require any maintenance as they are sealed from the top. They also do not emit any poisonous gas, but they are the costliest of all battery types.
Let’s go over each inverter features in depth
#1) V-Guard Prime Home Digital-UPS Inverter – Best Inverter
The first item on our list by an Indian company V-Guard Industries Ltd. This company was founded in 1977, who is a leader in the electrical appliances sector and used to manufacture stabilizers. Soon, they ventured into different sectors and manufactured as well as distributed products like solar power inverters and batteries, water heaters, induction cooktop, and much more.
Prime 1150 is a heavy-duty inverter that comes with features like UPS mode, battery water reminder, battery gravity builder and much more. You can use any battery within the range of 80 to 230 AH with this model.
This inverter works on sine wave technology and consumes less power, which makes it suitable for high-end electronic appliances.
The capacity of the inverter is 800 watts and takes about 8 to 10 hours to recharge the battery.
The inverter comes with a digital display, High-Performance Selection Switch, and battery gravity builder that helps improve battery life.
With the buzzer option you can also mute the buzzing sound.
You get a two-year warranty on the product.
- The battery backup of the product is very good compared to the price range.
- This inverter does not make too much noise.
- The inverter is equipped with a display and audio alert features.
- You do not get a battery with the inverter.
- The support service provided by the company is not up to the mark.
#2) Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave Home UPS Inverter
Next item on our list is by storage battery manufacturer Exide. This inverter comes with Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology, high-speed microprocessor and Auto Sense Intelligent Control (ASIC) technology that enhances the battery life as well as adjusting the charging current according to the requirement.
The inverter battery is equipped with an LCD indicator that lets you monitor the input and output voltages, power load, battery power, and has shorter switchover time as compared to other models. The maximum load capacity of the inverter is 580 watts and with the electrolyte level sensor indicator you can keep track of the water levels in the inverter battery.
This inverter works on sine wave technology, which makes it an ideal choice to power high-end electronic appliances.
The capacity of the inverter is 580 watts and the battery recharges in 5-6 hours only.
The inverter is equipped with an electrolyte level sensor and LCD indicator, which lets you monitor the battery performance and the inverter is made from high-quality materials.
The inverter weighs around 11.3 Kg.
The company provides a 3-year warranty for the product.
- The inverter comes with the latest DSP and ASIC technology
- It’s equipped with a digital display to keep track of battery and overall performance.
- Can switch over to UPS mode in less than ten milliseconds.
- It has a high load capacity of 580 watts in the price range.
- The inverter’s cooling fan makes noise, which can be irritating in complete silence.
- You do not get a battery with the inverter, it needs to be bought separately.
#3) Luminous Zelio+ 1100 Home Pure SineWave Inverter UPS
This next item on the list is Luminous Zelio, which is a 900 VA/12V inverter is best suited for medium households. It comes with a 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology processor that helps improve the battery performance.
It is also equipped with adaptive learning that helps in optimizing the battery charge time, an inbuilt MCB to prevent overload or short-circuits and Eco mode that helps you conserve energy. The Luminous Zelio+’s maximum charging current is 15 Amps and it supports all types of batteries. The LCD display included in the inverter allows you to keep track of the water level and backup of the battery. It works on the Sine Wave technology, which makes it noiseless and it causes less harmonic distortion.
This inverter works on sine wave technology that consumes less power.
The capacity of the inverter is 900 VA and takes about 10-12 hours to recharge the battery.
The inverter works on a 32 bit DSP processor and has the adaptive learning capability that helps enhance the battery backup and charging time.
The inverter comes with a smart display that indicates backup and charging time, system fault indicator, and battery water level indicator and much more.
You can easily set the inverter in UPS Mode, which protects appliances like computers while the Eco Mode reduces the battery usage.
The inverter comes with easy bypass features that kick in case of any fault in UPS without you going through the trouble of changing the wires.
This inverter works on pure sine wave output, which protects the inverter from short-circuit, polarity, and much more.
You get a two-year warranty on the product.
- The inverter comes with an LCD display that lets you keep track of important details like water level, energy output and much more.
- The pure sine wave technology used in the inverter protects your appliances.
- It is equipped with an intelligent home USP feature that calculates battery backup and charging time.
- You can easily switch between the Eco and USP mode, which help you conserve energy as well as save money
- The inverter is not suitable if you need power backup for big appliances.
- You have to manually activate the bypass switch.
- There is no facility to charge the battery with low voltage.
#4) Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sine Wave Inverter
The ‘Ups Sebz 1100 Va’ inverter by Taiwanese multinational company Microtek is one of the most popular, and reliable products from the company, which is highly in demand among medium households.
This sine wave inverter can switch over to UPS mode in less than 15 milliseconds and can withstand the maximum load of 800 W. The inverter is equipped with a ‘Digital signal controller’ that switches between the mains to UPS easily in case of power cut.
The inverter works on pure sine wave technology and can withstand a load up to 880W.
The inverter comes with an in-built electronic protection circuit that prevents the device from overcharging or over-discharging.
You can easily run appliances like fans, television, computers, and even washing machines, if you have a high-power battery.
The ‘Smart overload sense’ in-build in the inverter prevents short circuits.
The inverter comes with a 2-year on-site warranty.
- The inverter is suitable for running small electronic appliances but with the right battery, you can also run your washing machine and computers too.
- It is equipped with built-in DSC technology.
- Does not make any humming or buzzing sound.
- Can withstand a maximum load of 800 watts.
- You need to buy a battery separately for this model.
- The inverter is not equipped with a temperature sensor or LCD display.
#5) Microtek Ups 24A-7 Hb 725Va Hybrid Sine Wave Inverter
Another product from Microtek, which ideal for the small home requirement is the 725 VA/12 V, pure sine wave inverter. This noiseless device is equipped with Intelli Battery Gravity Management (or the IBGM technology) that senses the battery use and lets the inverters charge the batteries quickly that not only enhances its life but also provides longer backups.
You can easily shift the inverter between the 10Amps standard mode and 14 Amps Fast-Charging mode. This Microtek inverter comes with an in-built by-pass switch that lets you switch mode easily in case there is a fault in the inverter. It can operate on power voltages between 100 V and 300 V.
The inverter works on pure sine wave output and hybrid technology for noiseless performance that enhances backups & increases battery life.
The inverter is easily compatible with any tall tubular battery no matter if it is branded or not branded.
You can easily switch between the standard charging and fast charging that prepares the battery for emergencies.
The inverter is equipped with the IBGM Technology that enhances the battery life and performance, Unique USS (UltraSonic Switching) and Silent Operations.
The product comes with a 2-year on-site warranty.
- The inverter comes with an IBGM battery management feature.
- The Silent Operations features and Sine Wave output provides a noiseless performance.
- The inverter comes with dual and fast-charging mode.
- The bypass system in-build in the battery is manual.
- The inverter does not come with any circuit breaker.
#6) APC Home UPS 850VA Sine Wave BI850SINE
The next item is by an American company called APC or previously known as the American Power Conversion Corporation. The company used to work under the flagship of the Schneider Electric company. This company is known to manufacture inverters that are specifically designed Indian Power Cuts.
This inverter can withstand 500 watts power capacity and is capable of powering electronic appliances like computers, tubelights, fans, etc. You can also convert your inverter into a UPS with a flip of a switch and power your computers. The battery comes with a fast recharging feature and can recharge in 10 hours. To extend the battery life the inverter comes with a Home/Away switch, which prevents accidental discharges to the battery when they aren’t at home.
The inverter works on noiseless pure sine wave output.
The inverter comes with load indicators that display predictions about load and remaining backup of the battery.
The inverter comes with an ‘Away switch’ that protects the battery from deep discharge and maintains the battery level when you are on a vacation.
The inverter is equipped with battery management technology that helps in enhancing the life of the inverter battery.
You get a two-year warranty on this product.
- The product is designed keeping the Indian power scenario in mind and can withstand a wide input voltage range.
- Comes with various safety features like shock-proof and child safety.
- The inverter is equipped with a fast recharging feature.
- The product is compact in design and lightweight.
- The inverter does not come with a bypass switch.
- You need to buy a battery separately.
#7) Luminous Zelio+ 1700 Sine Wave UPS
Another device from Luminous Power Technologies is Zelio+ 1700 UPS, which is a sine wave inverter. You can also mount this inverter, on the wall. This inverter can easily switch between the inverter and UPS mode.
This is a pure sine wave inverter, which is ideal for running big appliances like computers, washing machines, etc.
The inverter comes with an LED display, which keeps you updated about the battery charging, battery backup time and power status.
The inverter is equipped with Miniature circuit breaker (MCB), which prevents overloading and protects appliances that work on the inverter during power cuts.
The inverter comes with a bypass switch, which can be turned on in case of UPS faults.
This inverter comes with a two-year warranty.
- The inverter is an ideal choice for power-sensitive home appliances.
- Best suited for localities that suffer from issues like electricity overloading.
- Compatible with any branded or non-branded tall tubular battery.
- You do not get a battery with this inverter, you need to buy it separately.
- The cooling fans used on the inverter makes noise.
#8) Flin Energy Flinslim Lite Solar Hybrid Inverter
The item to make into our list is a hybrid solar inverter by the leader in solar-powered electronic products Flin Technologies Private Limited.
The Flinslim lite solar hybrid inverter works on a pure sine wave output and comes with an inbuilt solar charge controller. This inverter does not use power from a grid or battery but instead uses solar energy to power the house load.
This is a hybrid pure sine wave inverter that comes with an in-built solar charge controller.
This inverter comes with an auto-switch function that allows the inverter to switch to solar mode.
The selectable input voltage feature ensures that appliances like a laptop, computer, and others work without fluctuations and glitch in case of power cuts.
The inverter’s inbuilt LCD screen and buttons let you keep track of the battery charge level, voltage range as well as customize them according to the requirement.
The inverter is lightweight and compact considering it is a hybrid power system that also works as a power backup system.
You get a two-year product warranty as well as a five-year support guarantee.
- This inverter prioritizes the use of solar energy that not only makes it environmentally-friendly but also pocket-friendly.
- Comes in an easy wall-mountable design.
- Comes with a large display that lets you keep track of your power requirement as well as customize it.
- The inverter is suitable for localities that suffer too many power cuts.
- The inverter comes with a serial cable to connect it to computers in case of power cuts.
#9) Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va Sine Wave Inverter
Founded in 1998, Su-Kam has been one of the favorite electronic companies. The Falcon Eco 1000Va works on single battery sine wave technology. This lets the device work as both inverter and off-grid solar system. This hybrid inverter works perfectly in areas with voltage issues and can work as both inverter and UPS.
This inverter works on sine wave output and can switch between mains and battery power easily.
Most inverters come with a single UPS mode but this inverter can also work on Wide UPS mode.
The inverter works on HCLC that protects the appliances from irregular current supply and the UPS works on SMPS-based charger technology that minimizes power consumption and requirement.
The inverter works the company’s patented Fuzzy Logic Controlled Technology that lets you keep track of the battery charging.
The inverter comes with a two-year product warranty.
- The inverter is an ideal choice for areas with low voltage issues.
- The switchover time is very little that protects your expensive gadgets like laptops, computers, and others.
- This inverter works on pure sine wave technology that makes operation noiseless.
- The inverter is compatible with SOLAR CON by Su-Kam which lets you use solar energy to power the battery.
- You do not get a battery with this model.
#10) Luminous Cruze 2KVA-24V Sine Wave Home UPS
The last item on our list for large households or offices as this Luminous inverter can work on loads between 2kVA to 10KVA range. This inverter is powerful and big enough that you can easily run an air conditioner on it.
The inverter comes with special protection features that protect the sensitive mechanism of the device. The switchover time between mains and inverter is quick and it is compatible with any tubular battery.
This is a Pure Sine Wave Inverter
This inverter uses three different stages that help in enhancing the life of the battery life as well as efficient charging.
The inverter comes with UPS Mode to handle loads between 180V to 260V while protecting appliances like computers and Eco Mode that helps in reducing battery usage.
You get 8 hours from this inverter in case of power cuts.
The inverter has a 2-years warranty.
- The inverter is equipped with an LCD that lets you keep track of battery charging, level, and much more.
- The inverter comes with safety features that protect your appliances.
- In case of overload, the inverter’s emergency power-off feature kicks in that prevent short-circuits.
- The inverter’s body is made from anti-corrosive materials.
- The installation is very easy, which makes it user-friendly.
- The inverter’s high input voltage range is not up to the standard.
Safety Precaution to take when Operating an Inverter
Before you make a hefty investment in an inverter it is important that you know the basic safety precaution you need to take before operating an inverter.
- An inverter should be placed on a flat surface, either horizontally or vertically.
- You must not place inside any closed space as the engines emit harmful gases that may lead to the heating up of the device.
- You must also make sure that you keep the inverter in a cool and dry place.
- Do not under any circumstances operate an inverter with wet hands, which may cause electric shock as water is a good conductor of electricity.
- Do not keep inverters near heating vents or under direct sunlight and try to maintain a temperature between 50 to 80-degree Celsius with easy access to air.
- You must always keep the inverter clean.
- Do not keep flammable materials near the inverter or its compartment.
How Inverter works?
Let’s discuss how an inverter works? To simply put inverters convert one form of energy to another.
Now, if you are wondering, does that happen? The answer is simple: the inverter’s battery contains energy that is stored in the form of DC (direct current) but this energy cannot be used directly to supply power to the appliances and power points in homes or offices. So these inverters convert the DC current to the AC form and then supply the same.
It’s also important to understand that an inverter cannot supply power to all equipment and gadgets at home and no matter what the size of the inverter or battery is, some of the appliances will not work during power cuts. So, in case you need to run heavier appliances which consumes more power then you simply can’t operate them on inverters rather you would need a heavier power supply like electric generators.
We hope that from the aforementioned list of inverters, you will be able to make an informed selection. The products listed are the best in the market, selection may seem difficult but when you know your requirements and needs the decision is very simple.
Simply put everybody needs an inverter to run necessary appliances uninterrupted and without the fear of losing data or fearing backlog. But what is more important is that you buy a device that makes your work easier and is light on your pocket.
As always do let us know if you have questions, we are here to help! Cheers!