Stitching is an art which it can be pursued for life and it gives immense happiness but you need a true friend to bring your creation coming to life and, that’s the reason we bring you the best sewing machine in India that you can buy!
There is a popular saying “A stitch in Time, Saves Nine” which means if something is torn apart its better to stitch it before it damages further and same goes with making your purchase of the best sewing machine for yourself. While selecting sewing machine, the most significant matter to focus on is what metrics are most crucial for you when you sew? Each and every machine has plethora of distinct accessories and abilities which may not be appropriate to you and simply put unwanted expenditure.
There are certain features to inquire about before shopping for best sewing machine. Majority of machines consists of bobbin and a presser foot, however few include much more. For the reaping out more benefits, examine whether a machine comprises of a zipper foot, embroidery foot, buttonhole foot, storage field and removable extended work table.
Obviously, possessing needle supremacy back in trend, your sewing machine could be capable to triumph of a position in your house and suppose you opt to purchase the relevant one, it may be even last you a generation. Hence, at present we have aligned with the best sewing machines which you may buy, and we have conveyed single thing ranging from the starting level of sewing machines for new comers to the professional folks in sewing industry.
Moreover, only a sewing machine is not enough. You need several accessories as well to accomplish your work. So, make sure to check if your machine comes with accessories, like Bobbin and Bobbin Case, Presser Foot, Needle and Needle Clamp, Throat Plate, zipper foot, etc. You must leverage as many benefits as you can to ensure you don’t have to buy too many additional accessories.
If you are a first-time buyer or you are looking to upgrade to a new machine, it’s not easy to choose the right one. So, we bring you the top ten machines to look for in 2021:
10 Best Sewing Machine in India in 2021
|#||Model||Price||Weight||Automatic needle threader||Incorporated Stitches||Top Speed (SPM)||Score|
|1||Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig- Zag Electric Sewing Machine||check price||6.5 Kg||Yes||7||550||97%|
|2||Singer Fashion Mate 3342 Electric Sewing Machine||check price||7.3 Kg||Yes||32||650||96%|
|3||Brother GS2700 9-inch Electric Sewing Machine with Extension||check price||8 Kg||Yes||27||600||94%|
|4||Singer 8280 Sewing Machine||check price||7 Kg||Yes||24||650||92%|
|5||Singer Simple 3232 85-Watt Automatic Sewing Machine||check price||5.56 Kg||Yes||32||750||90%|
|6||Singer Quantum Stylist 9960||check price||9.07 Kg||Yes||600||850||87%|
|7||Bernette Sew & Go 1-24 Stitch Functions||check price||6 Kg||Yes||24||650||85%|
|8||Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic sewing machine||check price||6.72 Kg||Yes||21||860||82%|
|9||Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine||check price||7.42 Kg||No||13||680||80%|
|10||Singer 4423 Sewing Machine||check price||6.85 Kg||Yes||23||1100||78%|
|11||Brother GS 2700 sewing machine||check price||7.35 Kg||No||71||550||77%|
The following is a catalogue of best sewing machines in India and all relevant details as required to know about the product. Check out them before deciding to buy a sewing machine:
#1) Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
A top-quality brand with reliable customer service, Usha is a household name for manufacturing excellent sewing machines. The Usha Janome Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine has all the features you may look for in a sewing machine.
The machine comes with an auto tripping bobbin that ensures smooth stitching. It has a thread tension control that prevents the breakage of threads when you are working. The four-step buttonholing helps you quickly anchor the buttons on shirts, coats, pants, and other dresses. With 550 SPM (Stitches Per Minute), you can complete your work much faster.
- Lightweight and compact: With a dimension of 384x207x290 mm, it is lightweight and easy to store anywhere at home. The machine is also easy to operate, so anyone upgrading from a manual to an electronic machine, is an excellent choice.
- Suitable for multiple stitches:
- Straight stitches
- Zig-zag stitch
- Zip fixing
- Lace fixing
- Blind hem
- Rolled hemming
- Affordable: Despite the machine comes with loads of features, it is easy on your pocket. The affordable price makes it an irresistible choice for all the stitch-enthusiasts who wants to create wonderful masterpieces.
- A perfect for all basic stitching
- Lightweight and compact
- Great value for money
- Comes with light to stitch in dim light
- Easy to operate
- Does not come with a Thread Cutter
- No Embroidery Switch and Built-in Needle Threader
#2) Singer Fashion Mate 3342 Electric Sewing Machine
Unleash your creativity and experiment with clothes and create fascinating dresses. If you are looking for a feature-packed sewing machine with a sleek design, this singer machine can be an excellent choice. With 32 inbuilt stitch patterns that include basic stitches, decorative stitches, a 1-step buttonhole, and many others, this machine is perfect for stitching different designs.
You can see the stitches on the stitch selector dial. The user-friendly top drop-in bobbin has a cover to monitor the thread supply. The machine comes with many free accessories like buttonhole foot, all-purpose foot, button sewing foot, zipper foot, and sews easy foot.
- Thirty-two different stitches: The machine comes with 32 inbuilt stitching designs that allow you to explore different styles of stitching. You can do simple stitching, quilt-stitching, embroidery, and many other types of stitching with this machine.
- User-friendly: The simple design and ease of use make this machine a perfect tool for beginners or professionals. The Singer Fashion Mate 3342 comes with a detailed user guide that enables you to create tailoring masterpieces without any trouble.
- Automatic one-step buttonholes: Stitching a buttonhole is one of the most used features of sewing machines. You can create buttonholes easily with automatic one-step buttonholes, and that within a minute.
- Easy to use
- 32 inbuilt stitches
- Two drop-in bobbins
- Comes with many accessories
- Plastic grade 15 bobbins
- LED lighting
- The needle threader is present
- Online video tutorials and demos.
- Sleek design and compact
- Suitable for various fabric types
- All the features may not be useful for beginners
- Little expensive
#3) Brother GS27009-inch Electric Sewing Machine with Extension
This brother sewing machine is ideal for beginners understanding sewing and advancing sewers checking out for versatility.
If you are stepping your foot from beginner to advanced stitching, you can consider this machine. From normal dressmaking to designer home furnishing clothes, Brother GS2700 can help you bring the best in you. The automatic needle threader along with a quick-set bobbin makes sewing faster and smoother. From new dressmaking, repair, and home furnishing projects, this quintessential machine is ideal for beginners.
- Easy to Use: This fabulous machine comes with an instructional DVD that helps you earn how to use different stitches. With an easy operating process, this machine is suitable for beginners as well as those who are looking to learn more creative stitching styles.
- Easy buttonhole: With one-step buttonhole stitching, it helps you do minute works without much effort. Now you can stitch multiple buttonholes in a minute.
- Multiple accessories: This cost-effective machine comes with a wide range of accessories like Foot Controller, Picot Foot, stitch foot, Blind Stitch Foot, Zigzag foot, and many others. It helps you save money, and you don’t have to purchase additional accessories.
- 27 inbuilt stitches
- 1-step buttonholes
- Stitch length & width controller
- Automatic needle threader
- Comes with multiple accessories like Picot Foot, Foot Controller, Buttonhole, and many others
- Brother does not provide home demo or service
- Customer service is not up to the mark
#4) Singer 8280 Sewing Machine
If you are a professional, looking for a machine with premium features, this machine is what you should consider. From stunning build quality to smooth sewing, Singer 8208 is a perfect tool to create jaw-dropping styles.
With basic, decorative stitches, and automatic buttonhole stitching, you can bring your creative imagination into reality. It comes with four presser feet (all-purpose, button sewing, buttonhole, and zipper) and many accessories to make your work easier.
- Excellent Build Quality: The machine comes with superior build quality. It is curated to deliver amazing results for years. The electric pedal is highly responsive that gives you a smooth experience while you are busy creating stunning designs.
- 8 built-in stitches: The machine comes with 24 stitches including a basic, decorative, and automatic buttonhole setting. Be it basic stitches, or designer clothes, you can create everything with this premium machine. The automatic buttonhole setting guides you at every stage to stitch clothes like a professional.
- Multiple Accessories: The machine comes with several accessories that enhance your creative talent. It includes an all-purpose foot, button sewing foot, buttonhole foot, zipper foot, pack of needles, edge/quilting guide, bobbins, large thread spool cap, darning plate, and many more.
- Amazing built quality
- Normal and decorative stitching
- Comes with all the basic accessories
- Smooth experience while stitching
- 24 stitch functions
- 4 Step automatic buttonhole stitching
- After-sale service is not good
- Complaints of a faulty product by some customers
#5) Singer Simple 3232 85-Watt Automatic Sewing Machine
Singer Simple 3223 Automatic sewing machine comes with all the basic features you need as a beginner. The machine comes with 23 inbuilt stitching styles that meet all your needs when you are getting your hand on stitching. The front-loading bobbin makes it easier to insert.
The machines come with customizable stitch lengths suitable for different kinds of clothes. You can get some basic accessories with this machine well. The heavy-duty metal frame holds on all the parts and makes it durable.
- Saves time: It comes with an automated needle threader that helps you save a lot of time.
- Easy to Use: The user-friendly stitch selecting makes it easier for beginners.
- 23 In-built Stitches: Basic and decorative stitching, this machine comes with a variety of stitching styles that gives you a lot to explore when you have just stepped into the fascinating world of stitching.
- Adjustable Stitch Length: The long and short stitches are perfect for stitching different types of clothes and making a variety of designs.
- Perfect for beginners
- Easy maintenance
- Decent operating speed
- Not suitable for professionals
- Design not attractive
#6) Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
It doesn’t need any special talent to execute this sewing machine as each and every features of this model are quite easy to understand. This sewing machine possesses many fascinating features which will turn your sewing experience a fun filled work. The automatic feature will make your sewing job easier and you can sew up to 600 built in stitches. This machine is more for the professionals.
The characteristic of having loads of built in stitches makes it wonderful tool. The stitch selection buttons are suitably placed on the front of the sewing machine along with the LCD display which showcases present settings.
- Different stitching styles: There are 600 built in stitches and 13 buttonhole styles offered by this machine
- Convenient operation: This machine provides free arm for preparing leaves, cuffs, collars and other cylindrical items
- Better control: This machine has maximum speed control lever
- Lot of accessories: Distinct decorative stitches are accessible with this machine
- Varied possible designs: It has programmable patterns which permits for a diverse variety of designs
- Easy mechanism: This machine has easy threading system and slow stitch speed option
- Automatic: This machine has automatic stitch length and width, and automatic thread trimmer
- Needle positions: It even has drop feed function, needle up and down button, 25 needle positions
- Great speed control
- Multiple accessories included
- Self-cutting thread skill
- Programmable patterns
- No quilting trays
#7) Bernette Sew & Go 1-24 Stitch Functions
The Bernette Sew & Go is an entry-level automatic zigzag sewing machine that comes with 10 stitches and 24 stitch functions. This affordable machine from a world-class brand comes with all the basic and some advanced stitches. It comes with a 4-step buttonhole that enables you to stitch buttonholes effortlessly. The machine comes with standard accessories with foot control, and a dust cover. The automatic needle threader helps you save a lot of time.
- 24 Stitch Functions: The 24 stitch functions allow you different styles of stitching.
- 4-Step Buttonhole: It helps you create buttonholes in less than a minute.
- Easy to Operate: The simple operation makes it a perfect choice for beginners and those who have a hobby of trying their hand in stitching.
- Ease of use
- Competitive price
- Attractive design with a perfect built
- Comes with an LED light
- A maximum stitch length of 5 mm.
- Not suitable for professionals.
#8) Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic sewing machine
The Janome 2212 is a budget friendly sewing machine which is designed to support you to acquire benefit of sewing variety of materials with comfort and ease. This machine is completely mechanical and pretty light weight feature. This machine is very easy to navigate through and is wholeheartedly stable.
Push your creative talent a little more with the new Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic sewing machine. The machine comes with a customizable width dial that allows you to adjust decorative stitches. The adjustable stitch length helps you stitch a different variety of clothes and for varied purposes. Elements like needle plate, seam guides, drop feed etc. are all present in it. It offers convenient free arm, large reverse stitch button, front loading bobbin etc. in it and hence the sewing machine works best.
The Usha Janome Wonder Stitch sewing machine comes with advanced features like a thread cutter, one-step buttonhole, etc. The machine has a drop feed mechanism that allows you to create awe-inspiring embroidery designs as well.
- Amazing Sewing Speed: With a staggering sewing speed of 860 SPM, this machine is a masterpiece for the professionals who are always piled with work.
- 13 built-in stitches: The machine has 13 built-in stitches with 21 stitch functions including button fixing, rolled hemming, stretch stitching, smocking, zip fixing, and blind stitch hemming.
- Automatic Zigzag machine: Zig-zag sewing machine comes with a built-in motor for circular stitch.
- Drop feed for embroidery: The multipurpose machine has the embroidery function, so you don’t need to get a separate embroidery machine.
- Fast stitching
- Strongly built with a sleek design
- Easy to operate
- Stitching along with embroidery function
- Little expensive
- Not suitable for beginners
#9) Usha Janome Allure Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
Superior quality stitching, stunning design, and sturdy base; that’s how you can describe the new Usha Janome Allure Automatic sewing machine. The machine has a free arm with a removable extension bed for circular stitching. The adjustable stitch length is suitable for different garment types and purposes.
The color-coded functional display makes it easier to use the functions. The-step button holing makes it easy to create a buttonhole. The machine comes with 11 Free Accessories like Zig-Zag Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Zipper Foot, Sliding Buttonhole Foot, and many more.
- Free sewing kit: The machine comes with a free sewing kit worth Rs. 500 that contains 1 scissor, 5 needles, 1 measuring tape, 18 threads spools, and 12 buttons.
- Inbuilt sewing light: The machine has a built-in sewing light that empowers you to work during power cuts.
- 2 Year Warranty: Unlike most machines that come only one year warranty, this machine comes with two years of warranty that gives you peace of mind.
- Basic and decorative stitching: It has 13 built-in stitch settings that offer basic as well as decorative stitching.
- User-friendly design along with a tutorial CD
- Adjustable stitch length
- Two years manufacturer’s warranty
- Stronger stitching
- Speed control
- 11 free accessories
- Relatively lower stitching speed (550 SPM)
- Customer service not impressive in small towns
#10) Singer 4423 Sewing Machine
The Singer 4423 machine is designed to take a heavy workload, so it’s tailor-made for the professionals. With a blazing speed of 1100 stitches per minute, this machine almost two-times faster than most sewing machines. It has 23 inbuilt stitches and a single step button holder.
The machine comes with a two years warranty from the manufacturer that gives you peace of mind. With varying stitching length and speed, you can stitch every kind of clothes, be it silk or denim.
- Super-fast stitching: With 1100 stitches per minute, this machine is perfect for professionals.
- Adjustable Stitch Length with three-needle position: This feature enables you with multiple options for different types of clothes and stitching.
- Easy to Operate: The user-friendly design ensures hassle-free operations.
- Thread cutter: The machine comes with a thread cutter on the presser bar that adds to your convenience.
- Perfect for professionals
- Two years warranty
- Comes with 14 accessories that help you save money
- Suitable for stitching normal and fashionable clothes
- Easy circular stitching
- Little expensive
- Not suitable to carry from one place to another. Less portable
#11) Brother Project Runway Electric Sewing Machine
Brother brand has been manufacturing machines for years, and it has become a household name for its superior quality sewing machine. The GS 3700 sewing machine from Brother is designed for the homemakers who have to do repairing, stitching simple clothes.
It has a sturdy base and excellent build quality which makes it great for use at home. The instructional DVD makes it easier for learners who have stepped their foot in stitching.
- 71 Stitch Functions with 37 stitches: Although this machine is ideal for homemakers, you can explore different designs and styles with 71 Stitch Functions with 37 stitches.
- Splendid design and sturdy build quality: The design and build quality is excellent to last for years. As a homemaker, you need a machine that lasts longer.
- User-friendly design: The ease of use makes it a perfect machine for beginners. The DVD has instructions that make it easier for those who want to start from scratches.
- LED light: The machine has an inbuilt LED light that makes it suitable to use in dim light.
- Suitable for beginners and those who have a hobby for stitching
- 71 stitches to explore for learners
- Lasts longer
- Lightweight and compact
- Zigzag stitching
- Stitch length & wide controller
- Not for professionals
- Some customer complaint about receiving a faulty product
11 Factors to consider before buying the best Sewing machine
We have listed down 11 factors that you should consider before making your purchase. As we believe one shoe can’t fit all and we need to identify our needs before we make the right purchase
1. Hobby or Regular use or Professional
Professional Use: If you looking to start a clothing unit and become a professional then we recommend you to go for the top end model but also keep in mind that you yourself won’t be using it but your workers will working on it day in and day out. So, you need to make sure that you know all the features as you need to pass on the knowledge to your employees. In this case you can also go with the high end computerized sewing machines.
Hobby: Often while making a purse we take impulsive decision and buy something that has a lot of features in it but later realize that we are using only 1/3rd of the features it offers. This is usually happen when sewing is your hobby. You make the purchase but later fall short on time to pursue it further. In that case we recommend you should use the basic model as since even the basic model offers tons of features that again takes time to master.
Regular Use: When you are planning to use you sewing machine for fixing up small things like buttons, light stitches etc then we would recommend you to reconsider your purchase. As most of this small tasks can be accomplished by hand only.
2. Number of stitching patterns:
Again higher number of stitching patterns can be fascinating enough to pick one model over another but we would recommend you to check and compare the stitching patterns between models of your choice.
For the most of your household sewing machines and projects you should check out for thread that meets your all requirement. You can utilize heavier threads and alter the tension of your machine. Cotton threads are generally common when you are sewing a quilt.
Certain machines comprise of particular abilities which can make sewing easier and simpler in entire manner such as automatic needle threader, thread cutter, lights, blind stitching, and free arm and buttonhole abilities. Once you possess them, you cannot think of any sewing machine with none of them.
3. Fabric preferences
Most of the models that we have listed works perfectly on cotton, polyester, silk, georgette, net etc but if you are planning to stitch leather with a sewing machine then it wouldn’t perform optimally.
4. Portability and storage
Since our lives have become busier and houses have become smaller, we need to consider portability and storable while making your home appliance purchases. You must put your sewing machine where it remains safe from any knocking. Sewing machines can serve as long lasting machines with wonderful durability only if you take good care of them and prevent them from any mishandling.
5. Sewing speed
The sewing speed that we have listed in the comparison table is the maximum speed with which a machine can sew. Different stitching pattern would have different speeds, so we recommend not to pay a lot of attention to speed unless its too slow for a productive outcome. Speed for sewing machines are measured in SPM i.e. Stitches Per Minute.
Do you remember your mother’s or grandmother’s sewing machine?
The mechanical one!
Yes, they do last generations when taken proper care. So choose it wisely.
Certain sewing machines do come with a lot of extra accessories and this might be a factor whether or not you make a specific purchase. A more experienced sewer might not be as fascinated with extra accessories in most case as compared to a new comer who would love all sorts of fancy accessories.
8. Noise factor
Sewing machine is like any other machine if well oiled and serviced would be less noisy. Keep in mind though the modern days sewing machines are less nosy, they do require regular care in order to remain as such. We have seen older machines which are well maintained can be painfully noisy.
9. Brand, service and spareparts
We would our bands, we are usually inclined toward a brand even if it less less features and value for money.
We totally get that!
But do consider if it could provide proper service in the long run. Like an Indian brand spare parts would be easily available as compared to an imported machine and same goes with the service.
10. Electric consumption
Usually these machine doesn’t consume much electricity. Usually, most of the sewing machines consume 45 – 75 Watts to run the motor.
If you are setting up the clothing unit, do calculate the number of hours you will be running the machine along with total number of machines.
Do your maths! It always help!
11. Value for money
A budget can be a significant facet in selecting a sewing machine. A cheap sewing machine can be as better as a pricier one. Machines arrive in a spectrum of prices and it is simple to search one to fit both your sewing requirements and your budget.
Final Words – Best Sewing Machine in India
Each machine has different specialty and hence it is worth to look out for a machine which will perform best for the kind of sewing you want to accomplish. Certain machines are aimed for small sewing tasks and some for bigger tasks while some for embroidery purposes.
This prospective can help you cut short your research plan and get the machine which suits your need ideally. Many people have a desire to accomplish primary hemming or professional sewer with their visions put forth on a complicated coverlet.
People who are fresher in the field of sewing, they simply require two stitches and they are straight and zig zag. Sewers on advanced stage need a wider variety. As an illustration, if you desire embroidery or quilting, you must ensure you check out those machines which bestow with those qualities.
In case your machine doesn’t grant with embroidery or free motion sewing, then even on later stage, such abilities won’t be added. Furthermore, ensure the machine has ability to amend with stitch length, tension and zig zag width as it will make you handle more control over sewing.
We really hope that this blog on Best Sewing machine in India would certainly help you in making the right purchase. We would like to thank getethnic.com and Richa Agnihotri for helping us do our research on sewing machines. So let us know in case of any question we could answer for you. Cheers!
Hey there! I’ve been reading your blog for some time now and
finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Tx!
Just wanted to tell you keep up the good job!
Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. This is a very well
written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of
your helpful info. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.
Thanks for your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed
reading it, you happen to be a great author. I will make certain to bookmark your blog and
definitely will come back someday. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great writing, have a nice morning!